Chief Technology Officer
Payslip is a technology company providing cloud based solutions to multi-national companies to manage their international payroll processes and payroll vendors effectively.
Due to continued growth, Payslip is growing our team and are now recruiting a Chief Technology Officer.
The Chief Technology Officer will provide technical leadership and technical design assurance through product and architecture strategy, new technology development and adoption, procurement as well as technical leadership on project implementation and resource management and delivery.
The CTO will work with the CEO & Founder to lead the technical delivery of the business vision and mission to the market in a commercially viable way.
Chief Technology Officer Responsibilities:
- Identify and select appropriate technology stacks, platforms etc.
- Develop information security plan – to manage the confidentiality and integrity of the company’s data and servers.
- Management of the technology team
- Definition of the software development methodology & management of the software development processes
- Continuous integration, release management
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Lead certification application and process implementation as required.
- Works with other departments to identify and use new technologies to enhance and improve the Payslip Platform, architecture and Technology Operations of the company.
- Conducts research to improve the technological assets of a company
- Oversees and manages IT budgets, resources, vendors and partners.
- Develops and implements all internal IT operations.
- Consistently evaluates technical efficiency and makes changes as necessary
- Identifies competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of the company and its platform development and deployment.
Ideal Technical Profile:
- Over 5 years in a technical leadership role.
- Broad knowledge of software / hardware technologies.
- Demonstrable architecture experience.
- Project Experience in delivering multi-locational projects.
- Experience building and delivering engineering team.
- Experience delivering integration projects with external accounting or HR softwares, e.g. Workday / Success Factors.
- Strong understanding, to work with infrastructure partner, of
– security requirements, encryption,
– networking in a highly resilient environment.
– business continuity solutions and leading policy.
– infrastructure solutions as part of major client or change programmes of delivery.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a software engineering related discipline.
- Demonstrable industry technical qualifications in a number of vendors’ certifications programme.
- Experience / Certification in IT management and Frameworks, e.g. ITIL, ISO 27001, TOGAF. would be useful.
Other Skills of Ideal Candidate:
- Experience managing team, setting KPIs, and management performance and quality;
- Ability to liaise with business to agree achievable product route map deliverables;
- Effective communicator across technical and business colleagues, team, stakeholders, clients and partners;
- Committed to lifelong learning, understanding new technologies and continuous improvement of self, product offering and organisation.
- Strong initiative, progressive thinker and do-er, leader for progressive product development and delivery.
- Co-operative and commercial approach.
- Likes to work in innovative products and have direct impact on industry.