Software Engineer – Backend
Payslip is a technology company providing market leading cloud-based software solutions to large multi-national companies to manage their international payroll. Payslip has already established itself as the technology leader and won Silicon Valley tech and EU based clients. Due to continuing expansion, Payslip is recruiting for a talented and results driven Backend Software Engineer.
- Continuously design, develop, and deliver a modern API based SaaS application using Symfony, AWS, Docker and Postgres.
- Work closely with front end developers to deliver end to end features.
- Prepare and execute Unit and Functional Test plans and document results.
- Troubleshoot program code, related objects, and documentation in order to resolve application issues.
- Quality check program code, related objects, and documentation.
- Respond to Live Production Support issues.
- Work with business as required to understand issues and new requirements.
Ideal Technical Profile:
- 4+ Years development experience with modern PHP Web Development Framework (Symfony, Laravel etc).
- Strong SQL Database programming experience (PostgreSQL is preferred) using an ORM such as Doctrine.
- Intimate knowledge of RESTful , EventSubscriber, ServiceRepository development pattern.s
- Familiarity with ScrumAgile team development practice.
- Linux/Unix operating system knowledge.
- Scripting skill with Bash.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Familiarity with Angular, React or Vue Framework
- Great communication skills
- Logical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task without compromising quality
- Can-do and Problem-solving attitude and enthusiasm
- Very good level of written and spoken English
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take your career to the next level within a strong Fintech company
- Highly competitive salary for the right candidate
- Financial support for your training and self-development
- A positive work environment
- A friendly international team between Varna and the west coast of Ireland (great surfing!)
Note: Your application will be reviewed in utmost confidentiality following the General Data Protection Regulation. All personal information will be collected only for the purpose of the job application and will be stored for a period needed for the application process.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the role of interest in the subject heading.
We’re looking for driven people, who are passionate, focused, and accountable.
Your experience does not need to be an exact match to the job description- exact matches don’t exist. We want to learn about your skills, how you think and what you believe you have to offer.
Different backgrounds mean different perspectives – this tends to be a good thing when building a team of dedicated professionals who enjoy contributing to a growing company.