Junior Data Engineer
We are Payslip, a global technology company transforming how global payroll is delivered at multinational organizations around the world.
And we’re on a mission- to build great technology that delivers global payroll control and visibility for progressive high growth companies.
Clients love what we do, so we are growing fast- an opportunity is available for a recent Graduate to join our Data Mapping Customer Implementation team. Reporting to the Engineering Delivery Manager this Graduate opportunity will provide the successful applicant with the chance to grow and develop as part of a team of SaaS professionals offering various career enhancements.
You will be part of the Payslip Graduate Program, working as part of a newly formed team with a well-defined training program and career path.
This Graduate Program covers different phases in your learning, from the initial Payslip onboarding and product training, you will be provided with an overview of our technology and culture to help support an excellent level of understanding and knowledge of the organisation.
During this journey, you will be coached by highly skilled professionals which will provide the required support in every phase of the graduate program
You will be passionate about data and software programming, enjoy working with innovative people and have a genuine desire to be involved in a company that is disrupting the normal way of delivering global payroll around the world. You will have the skills and experience we need, but most of all, you will have the drive that makes you the perfect fit for our growing company. You will have the opportunity to be part of a multicultural environment, working with other Graduates from different European countries.
As part of the Customer Implementation Team, you will support Data Mapping between Payslip and ICP (In Country Providers)
You will develop in-depth knowledge of our payroll platform and product range.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support existing process data mapping between Payslip and ICP.
- Working closely with your manager and other graduates to identify potential automations on the existing mapping process (main objective is creating a backlog)
- Support analysis and design of the required automations.
- Build the identified automations via software development.
- Participate in all areas of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from the analysis until deployment.
- Process Improvement – as a change agent you will be constantly thinking of ways to improve our processes and tools.
- Document our solutions.
- Be engaged with Payslip to build a technology career with us.
Qualification and Skills Required
Degree qualified Computer Science/Engineering, (Software programming, databases, data analysis …)
- Python and PHP are our preferred programming languages but always open to new technologies
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Data lover: Data Management, Data Mapping, Data Transformation
- Passion for software programming: Automate, Integrate … all about software
- Critical Thinking (aiming to improve processes and tools)
- Patience to settle and grow
- Eager to learn
- High level attention to detail
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills. Problem solving and decision-making skills
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take your career to the next level within a strong Fintech company
- Highly competitive salary for the right candidate
- Financial support for your training and self-development
- A positive work environment
- A friendly international team between Varna and the west coast of Ireland (great surfing!)
Note: Your application will be reviewed in utmost confidentiality following the General Data Protection Regulation. All personal information will be collected only for the purpose of the job application and will be stored for a period needed for the application process.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com and reference the role of interest in the subject heading.
We’re looking for driven people, who are passionate, focused, and accountable.
Your experience does not need to be an exact match to the job description- exact matches don’t exist. We want to learn about your skills, how you think and what you believe you have to offer.
Different backgrounds mean different perspectives – this tends to be a good thing when building a team of dedicated professionals who enjoy contributing to a growing company.